...

(Amended June 24, 2007.)

Elyse Perez' mother, Jane Seiden Bond, died earlier today, around 4:30 in the afternoon. She was only 52... The memorial service is scheduled for Monday; the family will sit shivah through Tuesday.

I never knew Mrs. Bond very well, but I was at her home often enough, and we spoke at length on occasion. Considering who her daughter was, she was, shall we say, attuned.

She probably just thought me a perv for spending all that time under her roof with Elyse (who is and shall ever be 22 years my junior), but she never voiced a concern. Groans of exasperation, no doubt, but never a harsh word. "Strange," to paraphrase Lester Bangs, "knows reptilian strange."

Another sad day.

Comments

Anonymous said…
she was only 52
ommyth said…
I'm sorry for the error, E. The text has been amended...

Popular Posts