A Russian Orthodox priest checks voting machines under the ceiling of a residential house near Seattle...


Any Xiu Xiu fans out there? Loop back to 2006: I was asked to remix a track from their Air Force album for inclusion on a compilation that was issued the following year as Remixed | Covered. For my piece, I opted to rework the entirety of AF. Brought it in at 3:45. Accepted, done. Upon release, the track was credited to TLASILA, perhaps because they didn't want to confuse their indie followers by intimating the lead drooler of REM-lite Brit fops Editors had done the mix. But, yeah, it was all me. I knocked it out over a long weekend at Hnub Ci Vaj and Graham Moore's surburban ATL chateau. (And cheers, Marisa Handren!)
 
Click the artwork below for the link.
 
https://soundcloud.com/tom-smith-tlasila-ksv/xiu-xiu-the-air-force-tom-smith-remix
 

Comments

Popular Posts